This manifesto, co-produced by a number of active travel organisations, highlights the key issues which local authorities need to focus on over the next five year to improve conditions for walking and cycling.
Published in October, in advance of local authority elections in May 2017, Scotland on the Move calls for leadership and action from local authorities to improve conditions for active travel in Scotland’s towns and cities.
The manifesto was published jointly by a number of organisations including Transform Scotland, Sustrans, Living Streets Scotland and Paths for All.
The manifesto sets out five key recommendations:
- Link communities across Scotland
- Make towns and cities people-friendly
- Enable children and young people to travel actively
- Make walking and cycling easy for everyone
- Make roads safer for people on foot and bike
Source: Keep Scotland Beautiful