Get involved with Scotland's Towns Week 2017!
This year Scotland's Towns Week runs from 20 - 26 November, with Scotland's Towns Conference taking place on Tuesday 21 November.
Scotland's Towns Week is an opportunity to collaborate, share best practice, interests and opportunities and ultimately to bring life, vitality and vibrancy back into our town centres.
See below for what's happening in Scotland's Towns Week, and find ways to get involved.
Whats going on in Scotland's Towns Week 2017
Watch out for special announcements on our website and social media accounts this week, where we’ll be featuring what our partners are doing to support and promote towns.
Scotland's Towns Week is also supported by Abellio Scotrail, who focus on connecting Scotland's Towns.
In addition, the following key events are happening during and shortly after Scotland’s Towns Week:
- Tue, 21 November: Scotland's Towns Conference, Paisley Town Hall (Scotland's Towns Partnership)
- Wed 22 - Thu 23 November: There Goes the Neighbourhood: Academy of Urbanism Neighbourhood Summit (Academy of Urbanism)
- Tuesday 28 November: Taste Inverclyde (Riverside Inverclyde)
- Tuesday 28 November: Scottish Grocer’s Federation Cross Party Group Meeting (SGF)
- Tuesday 28 November: Can Culture Save the City? (University of the West of Scotland)
- All week: activities in Rothesay, Isle fo Bute:
- ReStyle, part of Fyne Futures Ltd, Revolve certified reuse shop, diverting household goods from landfill
- 20th November Upcycling a chair demonstration - reuse workshop, Colbeck Lane Industrial Estate, Rothesay
- 21st November Chair Day sale - retail outlet 100 Montague Street, Rothesay
- 24th November PAT testing demonstration - retail outlet 100 Montague Street, Rothesay
- 25th November £ per Kilo Day - retail outlet 100 Montague Street, Rothesay Bute Produce Horticultural Training Centre, Ashfield, Townhead, Rothesay
- 22nd & 23rd November - Master Composter Training
Ways to get involved in Scotland's Towns Week:
There are lots of ways you can celebrate and support your town during Scotland’s Towns Week!
→ Share photos of your town and tell us what makes it unique. Take part in the conversation on Twitter at @ScotlandsTowns, #LoveMyTown and #ScotlandsTowns, or our Facebook page here.
→ Download and display our "Keep it Local" poster. Download here.
→ Tell us about and share any events or initiatives happening in your town during 20 - 26 November. Contact us, and see what's on.
→ Vote for your favourite innovative idea in the FutureTown Design Competition.
Looking Back: Scotland's Towns Week 2016
The Scotland's towns network came together and celebrated their places during Scotland's Towns Week 2016. A week long celebration of all things towns with events and campaigns taking place across the country.
Details of Scotland's Towns Week 2017 will be available here soon. If you have an idea or would like to discuss partnership opportunities in advance, please get in touch with Elaine Bone.
Towns Week is an opportunity to collaborate, share best practice, interests and opportunities and ultimately to bring life, vitality and vibrancy back into our town centres. Get inspired by best practice examples, case studies, toolkits and towns news. Need some funding support? Check out the funding pages.
See some key figures speak about Scotland's Towns Week on our YouTube channel:
STP support Scotland's towns throughout the year! Share your good news, events and campaigns with us on Twitter all year round. @ScotlandsTowns