Scottish Government - In our response to the Planning Review we said we would take forward pilot Simplified Planning Zones (SPZ) for housing as an immediate action. We are now seeking interested authorities to work with us on a number of pilots exploring different uses of SPZ for housing to inform any potential legislative changes.
We want to work with pilot partners to explore how SPZ could be used to support housing in a variety of contexts, for example to:
- support town centre living
- support urban regeneration
- promote diversification of housing types and supply, and innovative housing delivery
Scottish Ministers have committed £150,000 to support 3-4 SPZ housing pilots, with successful applicants likely to receive a grant offer of around £30,000 - £50,000 each.
More details about SPZs, the pilot scheme, and how to apply to take part are available in the attached documents:
- Simplified Planning Zones housing pilots prospectus
- Simplified Planning Zones housing pilots form
All proposals must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Friday 11 November, 2016.
See Scottish Government website here for the prospectus and form.