This conference will discuss how currently planned and innovative new approaches to investment and regeneration can deliver a step change in housing supply and suitability across all tenures in Scotland.
Scotland's housing challenge remains: how do we deliver affordable public and private rented housing and affordable home owner housing in the right places and sizes across the communities of urban, rural and remote Scotland.
The conference will examine:
- Scottish Government strategy and policy for housing
- Current and future housing demand challenges
- Partnership opportunities for additional housing supply
- Investment innovation and new models for delivery
- What can be learned internationally in housing delivery?
- Balancing urban, rural and remote Scotland’s housing demands
- Delivering housing that supports smart, connected places across Scotland
- Getting Scotland’s housing supply, location, tenures and types right to support sustainable communities and growth
- The role of housing in the prevention agenda
Keynote speaker: Margaret Burgess MSP, Minister for Housing and Welfare