Please note that this event is now at maximum capacity. To add your name to the waiting list, or for any other event queries, please contact [email protected]
Our session on 12 December will help you to connect all things digital: From helping to connect people with their
place, through to sustainable WiFi solutions and becoming a Digital Town/Improvement District. This is a follow-up event to ‘Connected Towns – Part 1, The Physical Space: Attractive, Active and Accessible Places for All’
December’s session brings you -
- National context and case study presenters.
- Town surgeries - seek out solutions and ideas for your town.
- Exchange news and ideas with Scotland’s towns community of practitioners.
Attendance is free for STP members, and £50+VAT for non-members. Not a member? Join now and enjoy all-year-
round access to free learning events; being part of our community of practitioners; and a range of toolkits and
AGENDA *may be subject to change
13:00 Coffee /Tea (top up as you need to!)
13:30 Welcome & Introduction
Phil Prentice, Chief Executive, Scotland’s Towns Partnership (Event Chair)
NATIONAL CONTEXT AND CASE STUDY
13:35 Gigabit Communities – a catalyst for economic and social development
Justene Ewing, Vice President, CGI
13:55 Digital Strategy for Scotland – What does it Mean for Towns?
Colin Cook, Director of Digital, Scottish Government
14:15 Digital Improvement Districts
Bill Harvey, Kirkcaldy4All; Simon Baldwin, Destination 66; Richard Watson, Rapier Systems
14:35 Q & A
TOWN CENTRE SURGERIES
15:00 Quickfire Introduction from our Surgery Experts – go-to bodies on each of the key areas-
- Ros Halley, Digital Engagement - Destination Optimisation Tool
- Ronnie McLaren, Thomas Stanford Cyberhub Ltd. - Digital
- Neil Cunningham, Our Community HUB - Community Platforms
- Colin Munro, Miconex - Local currencies and Smart Town/City Reward Programmes
15:10 Surgery Sessions. Experts move on to next group every 15 minutes.