Scotland's Towns Partnership is Scotland’s national towns collective; representing and promoting the diversity of our towns and places, and supporting those organisations and groups that have an interest in or ownership of them.
Joining STP allows you to become part of the country’s national network of organisations and individuals that have a stake in towns: including local authorities, business organisations, community groups, third sector bodies, individual advocates, and many others. See our members here.
Without your support, our service provision would be challenged. So we want to ensure that as a member you see a personal return on your investment and enjoy certain privileges and exclusive benefits. These are being developed and grown all the time.
As a member of STP you would benefit from the following services:
- Access to an improved Funding Finder service which also includes a half day dedicated project specific support. Just contact us via the website to make your request or to find out more.
- Link into STP’s extensive knowledge, expertise and networks around towns. STP can help you make connections across Scotland and further afield, give advice and help you to raise the profile of your place.
- Free attendance at our learning events, to learn about the latest in town developments, support and innovation. Events focus on topics such as funding, place-branding and communications, monitoring & evaluation and more.
- Free attendance at the annual Towns Tea Party, reviewing progress for towns and hearing keynote speakers on a selected theme.
- The Town Centre Toolkit features all the best in sustainable streetscapes, design and planning guidance.
Place Standard: designed to support communities, public, private and third sectors, to work efficiently together, the PS provides a framework to assess the quality of a place.
- The Understanding Scottish Places toolkit has been recently updated with new indicators. This is a unique and dynamic typology resource which shows for the first time how every town in Scotland with a population of 1,000 or more is interacting with its surrounding settlements and performing against a range of economic and inter/dependency relationships.
USP Your Town Audit, an STP add-on to your USP report and discounted for STP members, is a six day study and provides the standard benchmark for measuring the health of a Scottish town.
STP’s membership rates are:
Individual Membership (£29 + VAT): Applicable to students, retired or unwaged, or to individuals working in a not for profit organisation with annual turnover of less than £100,000.
Small Business / Small Non-profit Membership (£99 + VAT): Applicable to businesses with less than 10 employees or not for profit organisations with annual turnover of less than £100,000.
Organisation Membership (£299 + VAT): All other organisations outwith above criteria.
To proceed, simply select which Membership you are applying for:
Small Organisation Membership