ShopAppy is a "Shop & Support Local '' website that makes it easier than ever for people to Browse, Book and Buy from their local businesses, at their convenience. We call this, "Convenience with a local Conscience". The website, backed with a strong shop local campaign, influences local footfall and spend.
At ShopAppy.com our mission isn't to create more online shoppers but to create a community of local shoppers that can opt to shop in the way they choose.
1. We are the UK's first and only purely place-centred marketplace platform that has been established for over 5 years with a lot of experience in working with BIDs, councils, business groups and local businesses. We use a mobile optimized webbased application which requires no download or sign-in to use. We also provide an additional national shop window and an easy facebook shop feed for businesses to populate their own shops on social media.
2. We are endorsed by the National Market Traders Federation, members of ATCM and STP, our founder is a Senior Fellow of the Institute of Place Management and an expert on the High Street Taskforce. We use all of our partnerships to amplify our places, businesses and partners.
3. We are in over 100 towns and cities and are now the biggest shop local platform in the UK
4. Our platform is about all kinds of businesses not just shops. No tech experience required- we can help retail, hospitality, services, trades, B2B businesses. The site enables customers to browse, book, ask questions, click on socials, read local blogs, find locations and buy products with click and collect and home delivery. The platform can also host virtual events to support micro businesses like local artists and producers to secure wider engagement and economic benefits. ShopAppy sits between directory and online ecommerce, providing an ideal platform to promote towns and cities as well as make it easier to plan visits, virtually visit and spend. The platform is commission-free and provides a real local alternative to the convenience that online giants can provide but most of all has a proven track record for boosting footfall and spend.
5. Our ever growing team is experienced in place management and helping businesses, and we come from a long background of working with small businesses, indie businesses, places, membership organisations, retail and tech. We provide support for place managers, training for businesses, 1-2-1 support and an online peer to peer support community as well as webinars.
6. ShopAppy offers second to none services to their business community
An opportunity to be part of both a Shop Local and a national website, with ‘click & collect’, local and national delivery options
- They can advertise their products and services to their local community
- An opportunity to be part of both a Shop Local and a national website, with ‘click & collect’, local and national delivery options
- Window stickers, QR cards and posters
- National campaigns to support their business
- Local consumers can check out what's on and where to go in their local area
- Local consumers can browse and buy products, gift vouchers or book events and experiences from their business and other businesses in one transaction.
- They can link their Facebook page to their ShopAppy shop with a 'Shop Now' button, if they don't have an existing e-commerce website.
- If they do have a Facebook shop, they can link their ShopAppy shop to it and it will automatically update Facebook shops for them.
- They can speak directly to their customers, and customers can also ask them questions through the platform.
- An easy to use dashboard, with full training and ongoing support, a one to one concierge approach.
- Opportunity to join our Facebook group with other local independents to share ideas, get tips, marketing materials and find out about webinar events.
- Join our fortnightly 'Happy Hour' events - a different topic each time with experts on hand to give advice
- Weekly messages from their own personal marketing assistant
- Premium PR support at no cost for 6 months with our partner Newspage
View our case studies here.