Event by Sustrans. Online shopping, home deliveries and the number of vans in urban areas have risen dramatically since lockdown. Are e-cargo bikes the answer?
Read more and sign-up for free on EventBrite.
About this Event
- What are the benefits for businesses that use e-cargo bike services?
- What are the challenges and opportunities facing operators running those services?
- What has changed as a result of Covid-19, and how does that leave the current state of this market?
- How can we use evidence from tracking systems to plan cities where cargo bikes can operate more safely and efficiently?
- How does this all fit with Government initiatives to support e-cargo bikes and what more does Government need to do?
- What can we learn from relevant experience beyond the UK?
- What does all this mean for the wider logistics sector?
This webinar will explore some of these challenges as well as the opportunities for cycle logistics through expert speakers and a wide audience of decision makers, business representatives and transport planners.
It is part of Sustrans' Life After Lockdown series exploring the big challenges affecting people, travel and neighbourhoods as a result of Covid-19. It is supported by Bike Life, the UK's largest assessment of cycling and liveable cities in the UK.
Chair: Matt Barber, Sustrans’ Head of Partnerships for England Midlands & East
• MJ Somerville, Project Officer – Cargo Bike Library/Repair Stations, Sustrans Scotland
• Irene McAleese, co-Founder, See.Sense
• Nick Mason, Operations Manager, ZMove, Tyneside
• Robin Bluemel, Bitterne Box, users of cargo bike services in Southampton
• Richard Armitage, Director, European Cycle Logistics Federation
Q and A session