A Look Back at Scotland's Towns Week 2018
Many thanks to all those who participated in Scotland's Towns Week!
The week-long celebration of the nation's towns, which takes place each November, was an opportunity to collaborate, share best practice, interests and opportunities and ultimately to bring life, vitality and vibrancy back into our town centres and city districts.
Some of the highlights from this year's Scotland's Towns Week included:
- Scotland's Place Leadership Summit, addressed by Cab Sec Aileen Campbell MSP(photo highlights)
- Announcement of Turriff as winner of 'Scotland's Most Beautiful High Street'
- An upgrade unveiled to the 'Understanding Scottish Places' town data tool
- Voting for the FutureTown Design Competition
- Publication of the Herald on Sunday supplement on the Future Industries of Scotland's Towns
- Campaigns by Fife Council, East Ayrshire Council and others to celebrate local towns.
Through all of this activity the profile of towns & city neighbourhoods was raised and the importance of 'place' to social and economic wellbeing was highlighted. Both Scotland's Towns Partnership and Scotland's Improvement Districts now look forward to supporting those who work for positive change in our communities throughout the coming year!
Looking Back: Scotland's Towns Week 2017
The Scotland's towns network came together and celebrated their places during Scotland's Towns Week 2017. A week long celebration of all things towns with events and campaigns taking place across the country. You can look back on some of the key events at the links below, and get inspired for how to take part in 2018!
Photo: launch of Scotland's Towns Week 2017 by the Cross Party Group on Towns and Town Centres
STP support Scotland's towns throughout the year! Share your good news, events and campaigns with us on Twitter all year round. @ScotlandsTowns