The Scottish Resources Conference, run in partnership by the Chartered Institute of Wastes Management (CIWM) and Zero Waste Scotland, will be held on 5-6 October in Edinburgh. Celebrating its 15th year, this two-day event will bring together professionals and practitioners from across the resource and waste sector, Scottish businesses, third sector organisations and anyone who is passionate about a waste free Scotland. This year, the conference theme is ‘Building a Circular Economy Together’.
The conference programme will pick up on the key themes of resource management and business innovation, allowing delegates to choose from a wide range of topics that are most relevant to them including the circular economy, food waste, sustainable waste management and litter prevention.
- Roseanna Cunningham MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Environment, Climate Change and Land Reform
- Pierre Henry, DG Environment, European Commission
- Eric Lombardi, Executive Director, Eco Cycle International
- Mathis Wackernagel, President, Global Footprint Network
The conference also features the Scottish Resources Awards, and organisations, individuals and communities from Scotland are being invited to enter their programmes and initiatives into the following categories:
- Best litter prevention strategy
- Best food waste initiative
- Best circular economy initiative
- Best health and safety initiative in resource and waste
- Outstanding individual contribution to sustainability, resources and waste management
- Rising star in sustainability, resources and waste management
- Scottish Waste and Resource Sector award