Would you like to be recognised for your skills in community engagement and undertake valuable CDP training?
PAS (www.pas.org.uk ) has a new date for SP=EED Verification coming up:
Thursday 1 October 5.30-9.00 pm - Glasgow (city centre venue)
- SP=EED (Successful Planning = Effective Engagement and Delivery) is PAS’s practical guide to effective community engagement and is mentioned in Scottish Government guidance.
- SP=EED Verification is a two-part programme. Part 1 is an interactive workshop and Part 2 is a written reflective-learning assessment.
- The programme certifies competence in using the SP=EED™ approach and that you have completed a written reflective-learning assessment. It also develops interpersonal skills required to deliver effective engagement. Follow this link to the PAS website for full details.
- Previous participants have come from planning authorities across Scotland (local, strategic and national park); a range of planning consultancies; the renewables sector; communications consultancies, Sustrans Scotland, as well as third sector organisations, academia and community groups.
Feedback from previous participants:
“Completing SP=EED™ Verification was really useful to enhancing the quality of my community engagement work with communities on planning issues. The training provided lots of fresh ideas and a good explanation of the SP=EED process. The materials provided were very comprehensive and invaluable to completing my project.”
- “Very good facilitation using a range of different methods. The programme was well thought out and flowed well, it will be good to get this accreditation.”
- “Initial attempts focused on using SP=EED as an audit tool at the end of the engagement but we have realised that it is most effective when used to plan consultation at the outset. We have now used SP=EED to develop best practice and incorporate its principles into the design of the consultation.”
Cost: The cost of SP=EED Verification (including the workshop, assessment process and verification) is: £250 per person.
If you would like to register please complete the form at this link.
If you have any questions please email [email protected] or call David Wood on 0131 659 9774.