This year’s conference, Beyond Paris: Climate Change, Systems Change and the Public Sector, locates itself within the sub-national, national and international context of current challenges around action on climate change. The programme has been designed for SSN Members and their colleagues who play key roles in improving public sector action on climate change. The 2015 conference will also be of interest to all those involved in the development of Scotland’s climate ambitions beyond 2015.
Register for the conference now at: https://ssn-conf.eventbrite.co.uk
This year’s programme includes:
Plenary presentations from:
- Professor Kevin Anderson, Deputy Director, Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research (http://kevinanderson.info/)
- Aileen McLeod, Minister for Climate Change, The Scottish Government
- Councillor Frank McAveety, Leader of Glasgow City Council
- Terry A’Hearn, Chief Executive, Scottish Environment Protection Agency
- Paul Tebo, Former Vice President (Safety, Health and Environment) of Dupont & the creator of DuPont’s "The Goal Is '0'" approach to environmental stewardship
- Lang Banks, Director, WWF Scotland
- Pete Leonard, Director of Housing and Environment, Aberdeen City Council
- Duncan Booker, Sustainable Glasgow Manager, Glasgow City Council
Breakout sessions will feature Scottish Futures Trust, Institute of Future Cities, University of Edinburgh, Scottish Natural Heritage, Royal Town Planning Institute, Transform Scotland, Scottish Renewables, and Adaptation Scotland.
The summary conference programme is attached. More information is available online at www.sustainable-scotland.net/conference.
The SSN Conference 2015 is supported by The Scottish Government, Resource Efficient Scotland, SEPA and Glasgow City Council.
99 George St
Glasgow G1 1RD
Google map and directions