Community groups in Scotland are being invited to apply for funding for local projects that matter to them.
Funding pots of £500, up to £1000 and up to £1500 will be available for projects and Tesco customers will be able to choose which project receives the most funding by voting in store every time they shop. The scheme is open to registered charities and not-for-profit organisations, via an on-line application form.
greenspace scotland’s team of friendly Community Enablers can support you to apply or answer any questions. To find out more or to apply, please visit the Tesco Community Grants page. https://www.greenspacescotland.org.uk/grant-funding
Examples of eligible projects include:
- a brownie or scout group needing new tents
- a youth sports club needing new equipment
- a local friends of a park group wanting to develop a new toddler area
- a local school needing food for a children’s breakfast club
- a voluntary organisation working with families to run holiday clubs
- a charity supporting young people with specialist advice to manage mental health
Tesco Community Grants builds on the success of Bags of Help, in Scotland the scheme has supported over 5000 projects with more than £12million in grants since 2016. The programme is available across the UK and is administered by community charity, Groundwork.