VisitBritain is inviting any attraction or experience provider that’s suited to families and younger audiences to sign up now to be part of this campaign. This is a great opportunity for you to benefit from this £10 million UK-wide campaign which aims to extend the season and drive sales.
How will it work?
Hundreds of thousands of £25 vouchers will be available to National Lottery Lotto players this autumn to redeem against a day out in the UK, backed by a multi-million-pound national advertising campaign, launching on primetime television during the National Lottery Lotto draw in October.
Who can take part?
UK-based attractions with paid admission fees are able to apply to take part. You also need to:
- Be bookable online (or be willing to be)
- Have availability during the campaign period from October into early 2022
- Agree to the TXGB and VisitBritain Shop terms and conditions
- Be signed-up to the COVID-19 industry standard ‘We’re Good to Go’
How do I get involved?
Express interest now by emailing [email protected] to ensure you are registered in time for the campaign launch.
Once your application has been processed, the team will contact you so that you can load your product onto the VisitBritain Shop via the distribution platform TXGB.
What are the benefits?
- Potential to boost sales and extend the season for your attraction
- The £25 voucher value will be funded by the National Lottery and all the administration around this undertaken by the VisitBritain Shop
- A promotional toolkit with campaign assets and messaging to support your marketing will be available
- Opportunity to drive additional bookings by remaining on the VisitBritain Shop and TXGB distribution platform following the campaign
- By connecting to TXGB, you will also have the opportunity to feature on a large number of partner channels, enabling you to easily reach more consumers and drive sales
Is there a cost?
There is no fee to be included in the campaign. You will need to agree to the TXGB and VisitBritain Shop terms and conditions, which include a small booking fee of 2.5% and a commission rate of 15% on any sales generated. VisitBritain plans to use the commission generated by the campaign to put towards a UK-wide campaign to promote holidays at home in 2022.
VisitScotland's Days Out initiative
Separately, and as part of the Scottish Government’s £25 million tourism recovery programme, we’re working with industry partners to operate a Days Out incentive scheme to encourage Scots to make the most of a day out and visit local tourism attractions and experience providers.
The scheme will launch later in 2021 to provide a welcome boost for tourism businesses through the quieter winter months. We’ll publish further details on how visitor attractions can sign up to the scheme in due course.